Saturday, December 15, 2012

All I Want For Christmas

December 15, 2012


Dear Santa,

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and are preparing for your trip around the world. It has been a long time since I wrote you a letter but I decided that I needed to update you on what is happening in my life.

Over the past few years I have had the opportunity to be introduced the Apple iPad and have fallen in love with the endless possibilities that it offers. It has been an unbelievable addition to my classroom and I am seeing some of my students do amazing things thanks to this technology.

My Christmas list this year focuses on a few iPad related items that would be a wonderful addition to my classroom or my living room.

  • The Social Express App - This is an iPad app that works on helping kids learning how to navigate through social situations and develop social relationships. 
  • iPieces Games - In my speech program, I use a lot of games to assist in the leaning process. These games from Pressman Toys look wonderful. They are a combination of board game and electronic game. Currently there are four versions; 1) Fishing 2) Game of Goose 3) Air Hockey 4) Snakes and Ladders. They are also reasonable priced at only $12.99 each. I'm not particular anyone would do.
  • Giving Tree - At my house or in my classroom there are always multiple devices that need charging and cords  laying every where. This device would really help to organize this process.
  • Toontastic All Access - I have Toontastic and use it regularly to work on a wide variety of language development skills but have been limited by the small number of options available in the free version. Upgrading to the all access version would open up so many worlds for my students.
  • T-Shirts with the logos of my favorite App Information sites. I would wear them proudly as they all have helped me tremendously to learned how to navigate in the iOS world. Smart Apps For Kids, The iMums, and AppAble thanks for all you have taught me. 
  • iPad Mini - I am requesting this device so I no longer have to use my iPhone to take data on while my students are using the iPad in learning activities. I love my record keeping system. If your interested in learning how I do this refer back to the appropriate blog post.
Thanks Santa for taking the time to read my Christmas Wish List. I understand that your busy and I can not expect to get everything on my list. Anything will do because each of them will help my students in one way or another. Keep and eye out for the milk and cookies. They will be in their traditional spot.

Only 9 sleeps until you arrive..............


Love,

Jean